BeWelcome software development
Welcome to the developer's corner of the first non-profit and open source based travel and hospitality exchange network.
Currently we are working on these 2 projects:
- BW Rox
BW Rox is the software currently powering www.bewelcome.org
In maintaining mode, but some enhancements still prospective.
- Rewrite project
Welen - a complete rewrite based on Symfony.
Planning and research done, with some experimental code written. The Welen project has more or less stalled, currently no further development. See project reporting. New ideas welcome...
- Browse the BW ROX source Code on Gitorious and see the recent development activities
- Download and follow INSTALL instructions
- Alternatively, you can use BWbuntu which is ready to go.
- Hints & tips for InstallingOnWindows: installing bw-rox on windows machines
- DevelopmentWorkflow - How we branch, commit and release
- DatabaseChanges - Changes to the database since the last update of the development DB snapshot
- Hotfix - Release a hotfix
- MilestoneReleasesHowTo - Release a milestone
- API_brainstorm - Ideas about a BeWelcome API
- DataImport - Ideas on data import from other networks
- Git hints - Using Git in BeWelcome context
- Deployments - Getting code from repository to websites
- ServerSetup - Our server landscape
- TracUserAdmin - Adminster trac users
- TracMaintenance - Database clean-up
- StartSSLcertificate - Get and install a StartSSL certificate
- DeerToPuma - Working page for the current live server migration
- RecreateFromBackup - It's always good to have a plan for the worst case ;)
- BwUserEmailChange - Explains how to change a user's email address
- ServerAdminBasics - A few basic guidelines for server admins
Get a Trac account
Please send an email to the bw-dev-discussion mailing list.
BW Rox is available under the GNU General Public License version 2 or higher.
This page was rewritten more than a year ago. If you are still missing some information here see the old wiki start page.