Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#109 closed bug (fixed)

Words-function not working properly

Reported by: micha Owned by: jaliste
Priority: blocker Milestone: 0.1-outreach-release
Component: BW General Keywords: languages words english
Cc:

Description

The words-function doesn't show english words when no entry in custom language available. Instead it doesn't display anything at all.

Attachments (3)

screen_words.gif (28.9 KB) - added by micha 10 years ago.
Screenshot of missing '$words'
patch (1.5 KB) - added by jaliste 10 years ago.
patch implementing fix
patch.2 (2.7 KB) - added by jaliste 10 years ago.
new patch!!! correcting php syntax error

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

Changed 10 years ago by micha

Screenshot of missing '$words'

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by steinwinde

Please look at the FIXME and TODO in words.lib.php. This is a known, big task for porting code to platform PT.

Changed 10 years ago by jaliste

patch implementing fix

comment:2 follow-up: Changed 10 years ago by jaliste

  • Owner set to jaliste
  • Status changed from new to assigned

I added a patch that ask to the database for the english word in case that $word is empty after looking for the database for the current $lang. I can not test the patch, cause I don't have a working instalation of BW right now( my laptop is dead for some weeks now) so I added the patch if someone can test and then commit it :) (and because I don't know if its qualifies for commit right now).

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2 Changed 10 years ago by micha

Unfortunately your patch ends up with an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare MOD_words::get() in C:\wamp\www\bw\modules\i18n\lib\words.lib.php on line 85

Changed 10 years ago by jaliste

new patch!!! correcting php syntax error

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by jaliste

Arghhh, I corrected the error micha pointed out in patch.2. Sorry, silly mistake... I need my laptop.

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by steinwinde

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Hopefully fixed this bug by applying reengineered patch.2, - thanks jaliste!
See revision 3154.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.