Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#220 closed bug (fixed)

Description of words in adminwords is killed when english words are updated

Reported by: jeanyves Owned by: micha
Priority: major Milestone: 0.1.4
Component: BW General Keywords: adminwords
Cc: jeanyves

Description

I am not sure of this but it really seems that it happen

when you update an english word, the words.description is probably replaced by blank text

Attachments (1)

adminwords.JPG (100.9 KB) - added by jeanyves 10 years ago.
Sample of teh problem

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (11)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by micha

  • Component changed from BV Forum to BW General
  • follow_up changed from none to test

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by steinwinde

  • Cc jeanyves added

I just tried to reproduce this error

a) on my local computer using the code from trunk,

b) on my local computer using the code from the production branch,

c) on test.bewelcome.org.

I never could reproduce this error. Could you be more precise, what you exactly did to make the description vanish. (E.g. what did you chose in field "Translatable"? Can you reproduce this error?)

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by jeanyves

  • Priority changed from blocker to major

The problem is a bit different of what said previously, Descrpition are not lost

When you click on : http://www.bewelcome.org/bw/admin/adminwords.php?code=AboutUsPage&idword=19498
then Description is displayed at several places with different content : sometime the content is one of the sentence, sometime it is the one of the description.

Because of this I thought that description was replaced by sentence or by undexpected things.

I move down this problem to major (since it has been confusing and still can be the translator don't understand what is description and what is sentence)

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by steinwinde

The example link you sent, can only be read by members of the translation team and admins :( Are there any examples on test.bewelcome.org? Or do you tend to believe now, that the people of the translation team just mix the two fields?

Changed 10 years ago by jeanyves

Sample of teh problem

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by jeanyves

@Felix this need english update rights , I have attached a screenshot

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by micha

  • Milestone changed from 0.1.1-outreach-bugfixing to 0.1.2 - more improvements & bugfixing

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by micha

  • follow_up changed from test to move to alpha
  • freq_reported set to 1
  • Owner set to micha
  • show_on_bw set to 0
  • Status changed from new to assigned
  • version changed from production to all

Fixed with rev. 4108. Please move to alpha.

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by matrixpoint

  • follow_up changed from move to alpha to test on alpha

Moved to alpha in r4135

comment:9 Changed 10 years ago by micha

  • follow_up changed from test on alpha to release

works fine on alpha. please move to production

comment:10 Changed 10 years ago by matrixpoint

  • follow_up changed from release to none
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Released in r4148

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.