Opened 11 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#492 closed bug (fixed)

searchmembers: no search in german

Reported by: feuerdaemon Owned by:
Priority: critical Milestone: 0.5.2
Component: BW Search Keywords: Members search german adminword
Cc: micha

Description

If you view the Member search in the German language (http://www.bewelcome.org/searchmembers) You have two untranslateable Words (in purple) in AdminWord?.

ID searchmembersScriptInfo
ID searchmembersScriptInfoText

Also I cannot find the ID in AdminWord?!?

Attachments (1)

searchmembers.png (19.0 KB) - added by feuerdaemon 11 years ago.
untranslateable words in memberssearch

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

Changed 11 years ago by feuerdaemon

untranslateable words in memberssearch

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by feuerdaemon

  • follow_up changed from none to test
  • Priority changed from major to critical
  • Type changed from unknown to bug

Hm. The Member Search doesn't work at all, with the German Translation! I set this to critical!
Testet with WinXP FF 2.0.0.13, IE 6 / Kubuntu 7.10 FF 2.0.0.13, Opera 9.27

Can anyone check this again?

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by midsch

  • follow_up changed from test to review code
  • Milestone changed from Bugs - not sheduled to 0.1.4 - improving userinterface for members and volunteers and start work on big 0.2 tasks
  • Priority changed from critical to major
  • Summary changed from Untranslateable Words in German version of Membersearch to searchmembers: Create text for searchmembersScriptInfo and searchmembersScriptInfoText
  • Type changed from bug to developer task
  • version changed from production to all

My guessing: The words aren't available at all, so you can't translate them.

It should be a warning about blocked scripts and a hint that search won't work (not only in german); see also http://www.bevolunteer.org/trac/ticket/509

So I change this bug a bit into a task for creating the texts.

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by feuerdaemon

In English it works fine in every browser only when I change to the German language. I've enabled JS. I really think that is a critical problem. Can anyone use the search in german at all?

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by midsch

  • Priority changed from major to critical
  • Summary changed from searchmembers: Create text for searchmembersScriptInfo and searchmembersScriptInfoText to searchmembers: no search in german
  • Type changed from developer task to bug

Hmm, in a way you're right: I've tested the search in all three systems, if the language is german it only works on test. So it's not a matter of JS and I change the topic again.

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by philipp

  • Cc micha added
  • Milestone changed from 0.1.4 - improving userinterface for members and volunteers and start work on big 0.2 tasks to 0.5.2-short cleanup and framework

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by micha

  • follow_up changed from review code to none
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

works now. I think I fixed the javascript-functions recently.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.