BW-Rox - configuration
- Make a new empty folder /data in the "c:/<path>/rox"
- In the parent directory find "rox_local.example.ini", adapt it to your needs and save as "rox_local.ini". Most notably is in the box below.
[db] dsn = "mysql:host=localhost;dbname=<dbname>" user = "<username>" password = "<password>" [env] baseuri = "http://name" [development] avoid_https = true skip_password_check = true
In [db], fill out the details of your local database.
In [env] fill out the path to rox. If you made a virtual host, then the name that you defined there, goes here.
The [development] part is optional but will save you a lot of useless work (avoid_https saves you the security warnings when logging in, and skip_password_check makes logins possible without typing the password)
- Typing the ServerName you defined in vhosts into your browser's adressbar should give you a basically working BW-page. Play a bit around to see if everything works before you proceed.
At this point it is normal if sending e-mails doesn't work (signup, notifications, messages), see next section for more information.
Tip: if something doesn't work, you can try the following sources to find out what is wrong:
- Point your browser to "http://<name>/diagnostics.php"
- The content of the file /error.log
- The content of the file /htdocs/exception.log
Part 0 : [InstallingOnWindows] - Introduction
Part 1 : [InstallingOnWindowsBasicConfiguration] - prepare your computer
Part 2 : [InstallingOnWindowsGettingBwRox] - get the BW-Rox code
Part 4 : [InstallingOnWindowsOptionalUnits] - some extra's